728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Sunday, December 25, 2016

    Sam Groth receives death threats from gamblers


    Australian tennis player Sam Groth has said he and his family have received death threats from gamblers who have lost money by placing bets on him. Speaking to The Weekend Australian, Groth says that he has forwarded the threats to the ATP Tour, "I have taken it to the ATP and other people, because there are times this year where it has got to the stage where it is not acceptable. We are playing a sport. It is your life. The amount of abuse I have copped … you have never seen anything like it. I get death threats against me, death threats against my family, I get death threats against my girlfriend, she gets death threats and abuse. For me, personally, I can ­handle copping it, can sort of laugh it off, but when they start to get personal towards my girlfriend and my family, that is when I think they are taking things too far.”
    Groth also said that he has taken a step back from the world of social media as he finds the negativity too much to bear. Groth has deleted his personal account on Facebook and his agent runs his athlete page now so that he can avoid seeing the negative messages that pur in after his matches.
    29-year-old Groth is currently ranked No. 180 in the world and is the seventh highest ranked Australian in the world.
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Sam Groth receives death threats from gamblers Rating: 5 Reviewed By: billsports
    Scroll to Top