728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Sunday, July 12, 2015

    Novak Djokovic: "Get Married, Have Kids" To Play Well


    Novak Djokovic urges his fellow players to get married and have kids, in order to hit top form


    Novak Djokovic was all smiles on Sunday after he won his third title at The Championships, on the occasion of his first wedding anniversary.

    "Ever since I got married and became a father [to Stefan, on 21 October 2014], I haven't lost many matches and I [have] won many tournaments," said Djokovic, who has gone 58-3 and won eight titles in that period. "I suggest that to every player, 'Get married, have kids.'"

    His four-set win over Roger Federer at Wimbledon was also rich reward for the World No. 1, who just five weeks ago was "heartbroken" at seeing his chances of completing a career Grand Slam end at the hands of Stan Wawrinka in the Roland Garros final. 

    "This sport makes you recover very fast," admitted Djokovic, who has now captured nine major trophies. "Within a couple weeks you really need to get your things together and motivate yourself to be able to play on a high level in another Grand Slam.

    "I just proved to myself that I can do it again. At the end, when I finished the last point, I took out everything that was in me. I still obviously don't realise what kind of achievement it is. And it's a great achievement. Even though it's the third title here, it feels like first.

    "I'm thrilled and very proud with all the success that I have had so far in my career. If you would ask me as a 14 year old back in Serbia, trying to find my way, that this is how I'm going to end up at 28, of course I would sign the deal and take it right away."      

    Djokovic, who is now in eighth place on the all-time Grand Slam singles title leaders list, is hoping to move closer to his rivals Roger Federer (17 titles) and Rafael Nadal (14) over the next few years.

    "I feel good," said Djokovic, who tomorrow begins his 155th week at No. 1 in the Emirates ATP Rankings. "I don't feel old. I have, hopefully, many more years in front of me. I'm going to try to push my own limits and see how far I can really go with titles and with myself playing at this high level."

    With good fortune and more Wimbledon titles, he'll also be hoping to maintain his tradition of eating some of Centre Court's grass. 

    "When I was a child, dreaming of winning Wimbledon, it was something I always wanted to do in my celebration," said Djokovic, who observes a gluten-free diet. "I was assured that's it's gluten free, it's not processed, completely organic and natural and I could eat it!"
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Novak Djokovic: "Get Married, Have Kids" To Play Well Rating: 5 Reviewed By: billsports
    Scroll to Top