728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Friday, July 10, 2015

    Muguruza: 'I'm not afraid of Serena Williams


    Spaniard Garbine Muguruza has said that her victory over Serena Williams at the French Open in 2014 will stand her in good stead for their showdown in the Wimbledon final.
    The 21-year-old will face the American in her first Grand Slam final, but the Spaniard is confident that she will not be overawed by the experience following her straight-sets win over the 33-year-old at Roland Garros last year.
    "It's really important because it makes you see and realise that she's also a person," Muguruza told reporters.
    "She knows that I can win against her, that I'm not afraid. I don't think she's really used to this. Serena doesn't lose so many matches in the year. I think it's important."
    Muguruza faces off against Williams on Centre Court later today.
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Muguruza: 'I'm not afraid of Serena Williams Rating: 5 Reviewed By: billsports
    Scroll to Top