728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Tuesday, March 7, 2017

    Aly Raisman calls sexy SI swimsuit shoot ‘empowering’



    Hitting the balance beam in a leotard is nothing new for Aly Raisman, but rocking a two-piece for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue was uncharted territory for the confident Olympian.


    “I loved the photo shoot. It was such an empowering feeling to be so confident and happy with the way I looked,” Raisman told Yahoo. “I work so hard for the body that I have and believe that all women should embrace how beautiful they are, no matter their body type.”
    Raisman, 22, and fellow Olympic champ Simone Biles, 19, who also appears in the mag, were praised for the shoot after the first batch of photos surfaced last week. But as Raisman explained, the only opinion that matters is hers.
    “I haven’t read my comments recently on social,” Raisman said. “I didn’t look at any comments after the SI photo was released because I’m just proud of my hard work. I’m proud of how I look and feel confident, that’s all that matters.
    “In general, if I see a comment that’s hurtful I try to brush it off — easier said than done, though. I’m a very sensitive person, and sometimes will call my parents or boyfriend, and they always remind me that if I’m happy, a nice person, and have a good intentions in my everyday life, then that’s all that matters. As much as I’d like to, I can’t please everyone all the time.”
    One person who seems pleased with Raisman on any occasion: boyfriend Colton Underwood.
    After the former NFL tight end asked Raisman out over a live video Q&A last summer, the couple began dating in August. They made their first public appearance together at the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year ceremony in Brooklyn in December.
    “Someone who brings out the best in me. My girl looked absolutely stunning last night,” Underwood wrote on Instagram.
    Raisman also brought Underwood as her guest to the Golden Globes earlier this month.
    “I think it’s going to be an exciting year for everyone,” Raisman told People.
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Aly Raisman calls sexy SI swimsuit shoot ‘empowering’ Rating: 5 Reviewed By: billsports
    Scroll to Top