728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Saturday, August 13, 2016

    Mo Farah picks himself up to win gold for his daughter


    Knocked down in the race he expected to win, Mo Farah made certain he wasn't out. 
     
    After falling to the track during Saturday night's Olympic 10,000-meter final, Farah immediately thought of his oldest daughter, Rhianna. 
     
    He had promised to win her a medal _ her twin sisters, born shortly after the London Olympics, each had a medal of their own. Rhianna was promised to get one in Rio. 
     
    So Farah picked himself up, steadied himself mentally, and defending his Olympic title with a move off the final turn that gave him the gold. 
     
    "When I fell down I was thinking 'My race is over. My dream is over,'" Farah said. "But then I managed to dig deep, and I promised my daughter, Rhianna, oldest daughter, that I was going to get her a medal and in my mind I was thinking 'No, I can't let her down.' The twins from 2012 got one of each, Rhianna is missing one, so, I can't let her down. That's all I was thinking, about her. That's why I was quite emotional at the end."
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Mo Farah picks himself up to win gold for his daughter Rating: 5 Reviewed By: billsports
    Scroll to Top